Sunday, August 9, 2009

waitin for my soldier to return

I will wait for you; my darling,
Holding my breath,
And fighting the fear of losing you,
Standing here, deep in thought,
Our eyes locked,
Sympathy for those who didn’t come back,
Knowing I am lucky to hold you again,
Our hearts racing,
Your mind wanders to your boys,
The ones who wouldn’t return,
My soul shimmers
And yours is charred and black,
I haven’t seen what you have known,
I will never truly understand,
The sight of blood dripping, pouring,
From wounds of enemy guns,
The screams; the nightmares of friends who never came home,
It plagues you in the darkness,
And images sting your eyes in the light,
One kiss and embrace, the world seems at peace,
The whole of me is grateful for you,
And I thank God that your time was not up,
I pray for Him to keep you safe,
And I pray for Him to comfort those in my position,
Waiting for their soldier to return.

0 comments:

Post a Comment